Saturday, June 22, 2013

Saturday!! BBQ!

This was the second day Ally was at school. I have school on a Saturday...yes school. But it is ok because it is only 3 classes. I gave Ally one of my backup shirts because she was worried about here uniform. I was so tired. First was English Conversation which was interesting. Everyone had to give a presontation about their favorite places. It was cool hearing what everyone likes to do. Then computers. I did absolutely nothing in that class. I was put into a group and they were doing a project and they didn't talk to me. Only at the end they talked to tell me to choose a picture for their project. Then science.. I already knew that I wasn't going to understand so I just wrote in my journal. Akari told me that after school  we are going to another YFU student's house. His name is Nate. She said that we are going to the mall and Kintaikyo on Sunday. After school Mama picked us up and dropped us off at a train station to meet Rena and Nate. We walked what seemed like forever to the mall where we did Purikura, then we went to a virtual sports center which was really cool. It had a screen that looked like the pitcher was actually pitching the ball to you. That is where we practiced batting and we also played golf and practiced pitching. then we played air hockey which was team America vs. team Japan. America won! Then we walked a long time to Rena and Nate's house. The area where they live is very pretty. There are a lot of traditional houses, but as we walked closer to their house I noticed that it looked like a rectangle box. Their house was extremely modern in design. everything was all boxy and straight. This was in the middle of a traditional neighborhood. It was kind of funny. The parents are really funny and really cool. The mom wants me to visit them again. We had a barbeque which was fun. Then we played with sparklers! They were so pretty. Then we all went inside and played card games. And my room that I slept in is a tatami mat room with a shrine for the grandparents. I slept on a futon but woke up extremely cold and scared because I had half a blanket and a really weird scary dream. That was my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment