Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hiroshima books!

Today I woke up and was tired just like everyday. I went to school and my first class was study hall. I was excited because I can finish looking at all of the pictures in the Hiroshima book. Then I found another book that had stories from A-bomb survivors. I am truly interested in this subject. time was running out so I asked the librarian if I could check the book out. I signed the card for the book b3casue they don't have an electronic system like in America. She was surprised that I was interested and told me that she was happy that I'm trying to learn about it. She then handed me a bunch of books that related to the Hiroshima incident. I really wanted to read all of them. I checked them all out. I really wanted to start reading them. In history class all I did was read the book. This book was published by Hiroshima Jogakuin, which is the school that I am attending presently. It told stories of the  girls who went to Jogakuin who were A-bomb victims, what happened to them, the parents and teachers. I really liked the book because I was in the place that these stories took place. (Well the building was destroyed, so not exactly the place....but you understand.) At the end of history I was almost done with the book. Next in music we were watching a movie so I continued to read. Then I went to lunch and was very hungry so I ate my bento and bought Anko(red bean paste) bread. In the Hiroshima Jogakuin book I found this passage "President Truman later explained that the purpose of using the A-bomb was to minimize causalities for both Japanese and Americans. But the true purpose was to be for the Americans to have a chance to use Atomic bombs before the Soviet Union declared war on Japan and to show American power in the postwar world." This confirmed the true purpose of the bomb. America wanted to be claimed hero of war. Then in Japanese class when I came in with a pile of books my teacher looked at one and opened t to the end and her picture was in it. She wrote one of the stories in the book about a girl and her piano during the bomb. I thought that was so cool. This was also another book published by Hiroshima Jogakuin. Then after school I joined Orchestra club. That was fun. I haven't picked up a violin in a year. In the first book I was reading it was giving vivid descriptions of the events that happened at Hiroshima Jogakuin University. I thought this was cool because it is right by where I live. i could imagine what happened. I want to read many first hand experiences so that when I go to the Peace Park, I can imagine what was happening at that very moment. The stories were very descriptive about where they were and what everyone was doing, so I hope I can picture their stories.





1 comment:

  1. That is truly amazing that you want to do that. Good for you, Alaisa! I am very proud of you! You may do very well in International Policy type of work. Super proud!

    ReplyDelete