Thursday, June 20, 2013

No school!!!

I woke up and I was so tired I didn't want to go to school. On the news it showed that a typhoon was happening. Apparently Typhoons are normal here. To my luck Mama got a text saying that school was cancelled for the day! I was so happy. So instead of going to school, it was decided that we go to the mall. The mall was soo big! We went to a couple of stores and I bought a Totoro bento box. It was my mission to get something with totoro on it! And I bought some other gifts but I can't tell because I want it to be a surprise. I went into a clothes store and was eyeballing this shirt I really wanted but I never bought it. I have a very hard time spending money, but I really wanted it and it was cheap! I missed my chance. We then went to an arcade where we played a taiko drum game that had the same concept as guitar hero. That was fun. I also played a claw game for ice cream. I didn't get anything! But here you have 3 chances to get it. Then we did Purikura which is a cute picture machine that makes you look cute and makes your eyes really big. It was fun. Then we went to the food court and I ate REAL RAMEN. It was delicious!!! Nothing like that fake college food in America. Afterwards we went to the ice cream vending machine which was awesome. The bottom floor of the mall was a supermarket. We got ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies. We then went home and I looked at the cookie recipe and realized that we were missing a couple of things so we went to the 100 yen shop (1 dollar shop) and picked them up. Then we cooked! The metric system was interesting. You have to weigh everything, so we had to buy a scale. The cookies were wonderful. At dinner we had another English speaking session with Papa which was hilarious. He cannot pronounce words lol. Then Akari and I tried on our Yukatas! It takes some practice but it was fun and they were pretty. Then I took a Japanese bath which is the greatest thing ever! Then I went to bed.




















No comments:

Post a Comment